Donald R. Pepperman is the managing partner of Blecher Collins & Pepperman. He has broad experience in complex civil litigation, including antitrust, intellectual property, and class actions. During his 32 years with Blecher Collins & Pepperman, he has successfully represented plaintiffs and defendants in both federal and state courts and mediations.
He is an AV-rated attorney and certified by the UCLA Anderson Graduate School of Management in Board Directorship and Corporate Governance. In 2011, he was selected as a “Super Lawyer” for the Southern California area.
Mr. Pepperman has handled complex civil antitrust and intellectual property litigation involving photocopier/imaging equipment; sports franchise relocation; biotechnology; healthcare products and services; transportation; motion picture exhibition; food processing; consumer goods; computer hardware/software; and various other industries.
- Represented the NBA Clippers basketball franchise in relocation to Los Angeles.
- Represented large biotechnology firm in antitrust action involving cancer and pregnancy screening by reagents.
- Represented class against large chain of premium coffee and tea outlets in wage and hour action.
- Defended supplier of electric slaughterhouse products in predatory pricing antitrust action.
- Represented patent owner in infringement actions against developers of optical character recognition software.
- Represented designer and manufacturer of modems in monopolization antitrust action against low earth orbit satellite service provider.
- Represented provider of temporary nursing services in antitrust price fixing action against major hospitals in Arizona.
- Represented various movie theaters in disputes over motion picture allocations and royalties.
- Represented retailer in distribution contract dispute against crystal manufacturer.
- Represented designer and distributor of computerized real estate valuation software in derivative action and contract dispute against major title corporation.
- Defended accounting firm in class action alleging audit mismanagement.
- Represented trigger sprayer supplier in antitrust monopolization action involving exclusive dealing agreements.
- Represented large plumbing and hardware supplier in RICO Act litigation alleging bribery/kickbacks.
- Represented swimming pool equipment and hardware manufacturer in exclusive dealing antitrust action.
- The State Bar of California
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the First, Eighth, and Ninth Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the Central, Southern, and Northern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Honors and Distinctions
- 2011 Southern California “Super Lawyer”
- UCLA Anderson School Director Training and Certification Program, 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The State Bar of California, Antitrust, UCL & Privacy Section
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Section
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Board of Governors, 2008-2012
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Antitrust and Unfair Business Practices Section