Alyson C. Decker
Alyson C. Decker is a senior associate at Blecher Collins Pepperman & Joye, P.C who joined the firm in October of 2010. Prior to joining Blecher Collins Pepperman & Joye, P.C, Ms. Decker was a litigation associate at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP where she worked on a wide variety of litigation engagements, including general breach of contract actions, employment, securities, intellectual property, immigration, asbestos defense, class actions, and federal preemption cases.
As a lead senior associate, Ms. Decker is responsible for daily management, motion practice, discovery, and client contact on several significant multi-million dollar antitrust, class action, complex business and commercial litigation, and appellate cases. She also defends and takes key witness and expert depositions. Ms. Decker has experience at both trial and appellate levels in state and federal court, and has worked on several out of state cases.
- Ms. Decker prepared all the briefing for a successful demurrer granted without leave to amend and an opposition to a motion to stay in a case involving two well-known toy companies and alleged fraudulent transfers.
- Ms. Decker, in addition to preparing all the appellate briefing, obtained a favorable settlement agreement of $3.5 million for plaintiffs in a class action legal malpractice case after the matter was dismissed with prejudice in the District Court and briefing and oral argument had been completed before the Ninth Circuit.
U.S. District Court, Central District of California, Honorable Magistrate Judge Stephen J. Hillman, Judicial Extern (2005)
Los Angeles County Public Defender’s Office, Intern (2005)
"Malpractice Claims Linger After Class-Action Settlement," Daily Journal (Los Angeles), December 10, 2012
"Is the State Litigation Privilege No More?", Daily Journal (Los Angeles), June 16, 2011
"Save the Whales - Save the Whalers - Wait, Just Save the International Whaling Commission: A Fresh Look at the Controversy Surrounding Cultural Claims to Whale," 16 S. Cal. Interdisc. L. J. 253 (2006)
State Bar of California
Brandeis University Alumni Club of Southern California Recent Graduates Network Committee
Year Joined Firm
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Complex Business and Commercial Litigation
- Class Actions
- Appellate Representation
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2007
- Law Journal: Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal , Managing Editor, 2006 - 2007
- Brandeis University - 2004
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Honors: Art History
- Honors: European Cultural Studies
- Minor: Legal Studies
- The University of Glasgow - Study Abroad - 2002 - 2003